There are numerous opportunities to work for a toy company. You can work as a marketer, engineer, or toy designer. No matter what your skill set is, there is a place for you in a toy firm.
If you’re seeking a rewarding and exciting job, working for a toy company can be the perfect fit for you! In this blog post, we’ll talk about what it’s like to work for a toy company and some of the benefits that come with the job.
What Are The Recreational Products and/or Toys Industry?
It is an industry that develops goods and provides services for uses associated with leisure. This industry is home to a wide range of businesses, from toy manufacturers to outfitters for outdoor activities.
Most goods and services produced in this industry are designed to be utilized for recreational pursuits like gaming, camping, hiking, etc.
READ MORE: Top 10 Best Paying Jobs In Shoe Manufacturing Industry – How To Apply
How Many Jobs Are Available In Recreational Products/Toys?
The market for toys and recreational goods in the US is valued at $141.08 billion. Between 3% and 4% of the industry is growing annually. The majority of the growth is attributable to the internet retail sector. The sector offers a variety of jobs, from entry-level jobs to executive jobs.
Among the trends the sector is presently observing are the following ones:
- Online retail is growing in popularity as more individuals purchase toys and leisure goods there.
- The popularity of mobile devices is increasing as more individuals use them to purchase toys and recreational goods.
- The recreational products/toys industry is also being impacted by the trend towards healthy and active living, as consumers are looking for products that will keep them in shape and healthy.
Jobs available in recreational products/toys
The answer may surprise you. The toys and leisure items industry in the US employs over 200,000 people. This includes jobs in manufacturing, retail, and distribution. In this developing industry, there are several opportunities for persons with a variety of skill sets.
If you’re thinking about a job in the toys and recreational products market, there are a few things you should be aware of. To begin with, the industry is highly competitive. When there are many applicants for the same opportunities, you must set yourself out from the competitors.
Second, the industry is constantly changing. Because new products and technologies are continuously being produced, you’ll need to be able to adapt to change.
Lastly, there is an international market. Since many businesses have operations in multiple different countries, you’ll need to be able to get along with people from varied cultural backgrounds.
If you have the appropriate abilities and dedication, a career in the leisure products/toys industry can be very rewarding. There are many opportunities for growth and achievement, and you have the capacity to have an international impact.
Type of jobs are available in recreational products/toys
The recreational goods and toys sector has a wide range of employment opportunities. Typical job titles include:
- Product Designer: Someone who creates consumer goods is known as a product designer. They frequently pursue careers in a range of industries, including fashion, industrial design, and architecture. They are in charge of designing goods like electronics, automobiles, and furniture. Some work for a consulting firm or an advertising agency, while other product designers are employed by the business that is producing the product. While some product designers are independent contractors, others work for organizations with a dedicated staff of product designers.
- Product Developer: Someone who develops new products for the market is known as a product developer. They are the ones in charge of the procedure for developing new products. They are the ones who do the product’s research, design, and development. As well as deciding on the product’s name and pricing, they are also responsible for those decisions. The product developer is in charge of selecting the materials to be used, the design elements, and the final feel of the final product. The person who creates a product is also responsible for seeing it through the manufacturing process and into the market.
- Product Manager: A product manager is someone who oversees the creation of new products. They are liable for the successful completion of the product and are in charge of organizing and planning the process of product development. In addition, they are in charge of overseeing the product’s lifetime.
READ MORE: 15 Best Paying Jobs for Investment Managers In 2022 – Apply Now
- Sales Manager: A sales manager is someone who oversees the sales staff of a store. In addition to advertising the store’s merchandise, they are in charge of hiring, developing, and training the sales crew. They are also in charge of the business’s financial health.
- Marketing Manager: The marketing manager is in charge of promoting the brand and merchandise of the business. Together with managing the marketing team, they are involved in discovering and developing market prospects. Also, they are in charge of preserving the company’s marketing plan and making sure it maintains its competitiveness.
- Account Manager: Employees who oversee a company’s accounts are referred to as account managers. They are typically in charge of managing communication with clients and other parties connected to the account. Additionally, they are in charge of ensuring that the company’s objectives are realized and that it is profitable. Account managers frequently collaborate with several corporate divisions, including marketing and human resources.
- Customer Service Representatives: Customer service professionals in call centers are in charge of processing a wide range of calls. They are typically the first point of contact with clients, and it is their responsibility to make sure the client is happy with the firm’s offering. Also, it is the duty of customer support employees to conduct themselves professionally throughout the contract. Even if the consumer is unkind or disrespectful, they still need to be kind and polite.
- They must also make sure the client is well informed about the problem. Customer care agents must be able to speak to the customer intelligibly without having to break off the conversation. Outgoing individuals with a commitment to providing excellent customer service are ideal for this position.
- Manager of a retail store: A manager of a retail store is a person who oversees a store. This person is in charge of running every part of the retail establishment. They are in charge of making sure personnel is hired and fired, that they are abiding by the company’s regulations and standards and that sales are being made. They also assist the business in making money. Also, they must be in charge of every part of the business store. This covers the sales floor, inventory, and customer service. The retail shop manager is in charge of overseeing every part of the store. They are in charge of making sure personnel is hired and fired, that they are abiding by the company’s regulations and standards and that sales are being made. They also assist the business in making money.
- Warehouse Manager: The warehouse manager is in charge of a variety of duties, such as: Sorting, tabulating, and putting goods on shelves receiving and ordering goods checking the inventory, and informing managers of taking in, unpacking, and packaging goods This is a physically demanding profession that requires a lot of responsibility and moves quickly. The position comes with a lot of pressure. The timely and accurate delivery of goods to stores and warehouses is under the purview of the warehouse manager, who must therefore possess excellent organization, attention to detail, and multitasking skills.
These occupations generally involve working with teams to develop and sell new items, managing inventory and sales, designing marketing campaigns, and providing customer service. Specific job tasks may vary depending on the position.
For each of these job kinds, subcategories can be established. Customer service jobs include working in call centers, as field service representatives, or in retail establishments.
In the recreational products/toys industry, a variety of occupations may be offered depending on the specific sector and the health of the economy. There will typically be some employment openings in this area because new products and toy ideas are continuously needed. Yet, the number of jobs may alter based on how the economy is performing generally.
READ MORE: Internship Phone Interview – Things To Know
How can I get a job at a toy company?
Are you looking for employment in the toys and recreational goods sector? Many job opportunities are available in this sector, from designing and manufacturing products to promoting and selling them.
If you love toys and want to work in a fun and creative environment, a position in the recreational products/toys industry might be perfect for you. Here are some suggestions for finding jobs in this sector.
Create a network of business contacts.
Ask anyone you know who works in the toys or recreational products industry about job openings. They may be able to introduce you to the right people or inform you of unlisted employment openings.
search employment websites.
Several websites that post open employment in the toys or leisure items sector can be found online. When searching, include terms like “jobs in toys” or “recreational items jobs”.
Investigate commercial websites.
Many companies in the toys or recreational products sector list job openings on their websites. Go through the job postings on corporate websites to see if there are any openings there that interest you.
Attend trade exhibitions and conferences for your industry.
If you work in the toys or recreational products industry, trade exhibitions and industry events are great venues to network and learn about employment openings. Make as many new friends as you can by attending these events.
Send your résumé.
If you see a job ad that interests you, apply immediately away. Together with your CV, provide a cover letter describing why you’re the best applicant for the position.
Working in the toys and leisure items sector may be a lot of fun. Get the perfect career for you with these tips.
Jobs salary in recreational products/toys
It should go without saying that the toy and leisure goods industries are flourishing. The number of professional options available to persons interested in this field has expanded as outdoor recreation and “staycations” have become more popular. If you’re considering a career in the toys or recreational items sector, there are a few things you should know.
First off, the typical compensation in this sector is rather substantial. According to Payscale, a recreation product expert earns a median yearly pay of $143,144. Furthermore, there are several prospects for advancement.
Second, it’s critical to be aware that jobs-related recreational products are predicted to see a 7% job market growth between now and 2024. This suggests that there will be a lot of employment opportunities in the approaching years.
If you’re wondering what kinds of careers are available in the recreational products/toys market, the answer is pretty much anything you can think of. There are openings in sales, marketing, product development, customer service, and other areas. If this industry appeals to you, there will therefore be a career that is ideal for you.
Top 15 Jobs in Recreational Products and/or Toys
Casino dealer: $60,051 annually on average
You’ll be responsible for controlling games (such as cards and slot machines) and communicating with customers to encourage relaxation as a casino dealer.
You must have great customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure under pressure because disagreements are typical in casinos.
Toy designer: $109,999 year on average
Toy designers are responsible for developing and bringing innovative toy concepts to life.
For this job, you need to be creative, be able to understand the market and trends, and have strong problem-solving skills.
You must also be able to operate under pressure due to the toy industry’s strict deadlines.
Sportswear designer: $79,747 year on average
The major responsibility of sportswear designers is to provide fashionable and comfortable sporting apparel and accessories for athletes and sports aficionados.
For this role, you’ll require creativity, attention to detail, and familiarity with current fashion and athletic trends.
You must also be able to work under pressure because you’ll usually need to come up with a clothing line under tight deadlines.
Concept Artist: typically earns $66,941 a year.
Concept artists design the look of a video game, movie, or another kind of entertainment.
For this profession, you must possess exceptional drawing skills and knowledge of color theory. You must have a sharp imagination, perform effectively under pressure, and be able to assess the market and the tastes of the target audience.
Park ranger: $49,938 annually on average
As a park ranger, you will be responsible for the area’s safety, maintenance, and appearance.
You must have great customer service skills for this profession because you will deal with the public on a regular basis. You must also be physically active because this profession may demand hiking and other outdoor activities.
READ MORE: Dana Air Recruitment 2023 – Apply Now
Wildlife specialists earn an average pay of $44,867 per year.
Wildlife specialists are responsible for the care, upkeep, and maintenance of captive animals as well as the maintenance of the animal’s health.
To fulfill your duties, you’ll need to be tenacious and possess strong problem-solving abilities. Also, your physical fitness and strength are essential when interacting with animals because some of them might be hostile.
Being able to work long hours is essential because this position may entail working on the weekends and on holidays.
Video Game Tester: Average salary – $103,940 per year
Your responsibilities in this role include testing unreleased games and providing creators with comments.
You must pay close attention to detail and have excellent troubleshooting skills for this position. Also, you need to be able to test swiftly because companies want to enter the game market with their products as soon as feasible.
Groundskeeper: Average salary – $50,593 per year
As a groundskeeper, you will be in charge of looking after public gardens and parks.
You’ll be required to trim trees, plant flowers, and mow lawns. You need to be in good physical shape for this profession because it can be physically taxing. You need to be good with customers in order to communicate with neighbors.
Packaging Engineer: Average salary – $86,445 per year
The development of packaging for goods and their production are the responsibilities of packaging engineers.
This is a vital career because producing attractive, competitive packaging can boost sales.
You will need market knowledge, an understanding of market trends, creativity, and tenacity to perform this job. You should also be familiar with various materials and their properties.
Pool technician: $46,333 on average a year
In this role, you are responsible for maintaining and fixing swimming pools.
Strong customer service skills are required for this profession because you will constantly communicate with pool owners. Also, as this job may need you to lift big goods, you need to be physically fit. Also, you should have a fundamental understanding of plumbing and electricity.
Recreation Manager: Average salary – $52,865 per year
As a recreation manager, you will be responsible for organizing and supervising vacation events.
You must possess excellent organizational and communication abilities for this position. Creativity is also essential for coming up with original ideas.
Diving instructor: Average salary – $44,267 per year
Dive instructors train people on how to safely dive in the water.
To accomplish this profession, you must be a qualified diver with a thorough understanding of diving safety. You also need to have good communication and customer service skills.
Ski Instructor: Average salary – $41,768 per year
It is a ski instructor’s responsibility to teach novices the sport.
For this position, you must be an experienced skier with a solid teaching background. For this work, which is fairly hard, you must also be physically active and have strong stamina.
Aquatics supervisor : Average salary -$52,555 per year
The aquatics supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing the aquatic area.
For this position, you must have excellent organizational and customer service skills. In addition, you must be a proficient swimmer and possess quick problem-solving abilities.
Boat Captain: Average salary – $67,187 per year
Boat captains frequently work for tour firms. The safety of the crew, passengers, and the vessel’s operation is all within the captain’s control. They are also in charge of managing maintenance and repairs to the vessel.
You need both a license and technical know-how to operate a boat.