Best Catering Schools In Nigeria: There are many catering schools in Nigeria, but which one is the best? This article will provide a comprehensive list of the best catering schools in Nigeria so that you can make an informed decision about where to study.
What Does It Take To Be A Chef In Nigeria?
Top 5 Reasons To Attend Culinary School
There are many reasons to attend culinary school.
- For starters, it is a great way to learn about the food industry and how to cook.
- Culinary school can also help you land a job in the food industry.
- A culinary school can teach you about different cuisines from around the world.
- You will learn how to cook various dishes and how to use different ingredients.
- Culinary school can also teach you about food safety and nutrition.
- Culinary school can also help you build a network of contacts in the food industry. This can be beneficial if you want to find a job after graduation.
Many chefs are willing to hire graduates of culinary school because they know that they have received training from professionals.
- Overall, attending culinary school is a great way to learn about the food industry and how to cook. It can also help you land a job in the food industry.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Best Music Schools In Nigeria
Best Catering Schools In Lagos
A lot of people take an interest in catering but do not know where to start or how to go about it. This article will help you understand the basics of catering and also guide you on the best catering schools in Lagos.
10 Best Catering Schools In Nigeria 2022
- Red Dish Chronicles Culinary School Nigeria
- Styda Culinary Academy
- Sweet Pea Culinary School
- Abuja Culinary School
- Ample-Link Catering and Fashion School in Port Harcourt
- BDI Institute Of Catering, Home & Hotel Management Schools – bread bakeries, bread making school & training, culinary school
- Chopsity School of Culinary and Hospitality Management
- Crumbles Chef Academy
- Chef’s Academy Abuja
- Sovise-cook-bake culinary school
List of 10 Best Catering Schools In Nigeria
1. Red Dish Chronicles Culinary School Nigeria
The Red Dish Group consists of 4 major tenets of business; the Culinary School, the RDC Kitchen Design, Culinary Services and the RDC Consultancy arm.
The Culinary School is located in Lagos and Abuja and it is a place where individuals looking to create a career in the culinary hemisphere or who simply love to cook come to learn for a duration that ranges between 3 weeks to 1 year.
Address: 18 Fola Jinadu Crescent, Off Gbagada Expy, Gbagada, Lagos
Phone: 0909 222 2207
2. Styda Culinary Academy
Address: Besides Gemstone Stores, 35 Airport Road, Okurede Urhobo 332211, Wado City
Phone: 0907 040 0010
3. Sweet Pea Culinary School
Founded in January 2009, Sweet Pea Caterers and Cakes is a fast-growing food and cake production company that creates bespoke and appetizing delicacies on request such as Crafted cakes for all occasions, Small chops, Cocktail drinks, Desserts, Nigerian food, Chinese and Continental food.
They also offer culinary training in cakes, chops, drinks, and food.
Our products carry a trademark of originality and finesse that stands us out and gives our customers the very best in terms of the appearance and taste of our cakes, chops, drinks, and food.
4. Abuja Culinary School
Service options: Online classes · On-site services
Address: M.I.B Plaza, Gwarinpa, Abuja
Phone: 0916 292 9162
5. Ample-Link Catering and Fashion School in Port Harcourt
At AmpleLink Catering School you will also be coached in best kitchen practices, understanding and following recipes, time planning, menu planning, and cooking for large numbers. So that you are ready to cook professionally at any level. How to plan and manage events such as weddings, traditional marriages, birthday parties, etc.
Address: Rumuogunuma Eneka/Igwuruta road, Eneka, Port Harcourt
Phone number: +234 806 231 9313 or +234 803 359 0840
6. BDI Institute Of Catering, Home & Hotel Management Schools – bread bakeries, bread making school & training, culinary school
Address: 10 Peace Place Off Peace Drive Opp First Bank, Rumuodara, Best catering schools fashion, Port Harcourt
Phone: 0803 309 5376
7. Chopsity School of Culinary and Hospitality Management
Address: C/O Institute for Entrepreneurship and Development Studies (IFEDS Road1- Adesakin Footpath Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife
Areas served: Ibadan and nearby areas
Phone: 0803 790 7877
8. Crumbles Chef Academy
Located in: Chevyview Estate
Address: 21 deco medical rd, chevy view estate, off Chevron Dr, Lekki
Phone: 0803 338 7883
9. Chef’s Academy Abuja
Chef’s Academy is a professional culinary school where our students not only learn to cook but also acquire skill sets in the culinary arts and realize their dream of becoming hospitality entrepreneurs.
We are completely committed to offering the excellent culinary school experience possible, with a focus on dependability and professionalism.
Chef’s Academy ABUJA was founded in 2013 by HRH ITA NTA HENSHAW AND PRINCESS SABRINA MYRA HENSHAW
Address: 33 Parakou St, Wuse 904101, Abuja
Phone: 0809 218 9734
10. Sovise-cook-bake culinary school
Looking for where to get quality training as a professional chef and Baker? Sovise Cook&Bake Online Academy is the place to enroll.
Follow the easy step-by-step method in the courses and become good at your cooking and baking skills.
They will teach you how to make real homemade meals and intercontinental meals, how to make cakes at their best and how to make pastries and yummy chops
Address: 101 Ada George Road Mile 4 Rumueme 234000, 243000, Port Harcourt
Phone: 0803 473 8924
List Of Culinary Schools In Lagos
Looking to get into the catering business? Here are some of the best culinary schools in Lagos, Nigeria.
- PrettyDreams School of Catering and Events Management.
- Crumbles Chef Academy.
- Culinary Academy.
- Field of Skills and Dreams VTE Academy.
- National Institute for Hospitality & Tourism.
- Spronks Cocktails and Bartending School.
- Victory Catering School.
- Wavecrest College of Hospitality.
Frequently Asked Questions On Best Catering Schools In Nigeria
What Can I Cook For My Nigerian Boyfriend or Husband?
Assuming you want tips on what to cook for a Nigerian boyfriend or husband, here are some ideas.
If you want to show off your cooking skills, try making a Nigerian dish like jollof rice or egusi soup.
You can also try cooking something from his homeland that he misses. Whatever you make, be sure to include lots of flavor and spice.
Is Catering Business A Good Business To Consider In Nigeria?
The catering business is a good business to consider in Nigeria for a number of reasons.
The catering industry is growing rapidly in Nigeria and there is a big demand for catering services.
Catering businesses cater to all kinds of events, from small private parties to large corporate events.
There are many catering schools in Nigeria that offer training in all aspects of the catering business, from food preparation and menu planning to event management and marketing.
What Is The Salary OF a caterer in Nigeria?
A caterer working in Food / Hospitality / Tourism / Catering in Nigeria typically earns around 226,000 NGN per month. Salaries of caterers range from 85,700 NGN (lowest average) to 630,000 NGN (highest average, the actual maximum salary is higher)
How Do I Become A Certified Chef In Nigeria?
There are many catering schools in Nigeria that can help you become a certified chef.
However, not all of them are created equal. Here are some things to look for when choosing a catering school:
- Make sure the school is accredited or has a good reputation.
This means that it has been vetted by an organization like the National Restaurant Association and meets certain standards.
- Look for a school that offers a wide variety of courses.
This way, you can get the training you need to become a well-rounded chef.
- Find out if the school has a good placement record.
This means that graduates have been able to find jobs in the catering industry after graduation.
- Ask about the faculty.
Make sure they have experience in the catering industry and are able to provide you with the guidance you need to succeed.
What Are Traditional Nigerian Foods?
Nigerian food is rich and diverse, with influences from a variety of cultures. Common staples include
Nigerian cuisine often features stews made with tomatoes, peppers, and leafy greens. Popular meats include chicken, beef, and goat.
Fish is also a popular protein source, especially in coastal areas.
The national dish of Nigeria is called egusi soup, which is made with melon seeds and greens.
Where Can I learn Catering in Nigeria?
There are many catering schools in Nigeria that can help you learn the skills you need to be a successful caterer. Here are some of the best catering schools in Nigeria:
- Institute of Hospitality Management, Lagos
- School of Catering and Hotel Management, Abuja
- Nigerian Institute of Catering, Kano
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi, Lagos
- National Hospitality Institute, Lagos
- College of Tourism and Hotel Management, Lagos
- International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Abuja
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
How Much Does Culinary School Cost In Nigeria?
Each school has its different costs for different programs.
However, all culinary school cost in Nigeria is within the range of N100,000 to N350,000
How Long Is Culinary School In Nigeria?
To answer this question, it’s actually dependent on a particular school you want to attend. Some schools’ courses might be from 6 months and above.
You can visit the website of the school of your choice to know more about the nature of their courses and how long it takes to complete a course.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Catering School In Nigeria.
Choosing the right catering school can be a daunting task. There are many factors to consider, such as cost, location, program offerings, and more.
But with a little research, you can find the perfect school for your needs.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a catering school:
- Cost: Catering schools can range in price, so it’s important to find one that fits your budget. Be sure to compare tuition costs and consider financial aid options.
- Location: Consider where the school is located. If you’re looking for a school in Lagos, Nigeria, be sure to find one that’s conveniently located for you.
- Program offerings: Does the school offer the type of program you’re looking for? Some schools specialize in culinary arts, while others offer hospitality management programs. Make sure the school you choose has the right program for your needs.
- Accreditation: When choosing a catering school, be sure to check if it’s accredited by a reputable organization such as the National Association of Schools of Culinary Arts (NASCAS). This will ensure that you’re getting a quality education from an accredited institution.
Tips for Finding a Good Catering School
When it comes to finding a good catering school, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First and foremost, you want to make sure that the school you choose is accredited.
This means that it has been vetted by an organization like the American Culinary Federation and meets certain standards.
Another important thing to look for in a catering school is a strong faculty. The best schools will have experienced chefs who can teach you the ins and outs of catering.
They should also be able to provide you with opportunities to intern or work in the industry so that you can get real-world experience.
Finally, you’ll want to consider the cost of attendance and whether or not the school offers financial aid.
Catering to schools can be expensive, so it’s important to find one that fits your budget. There are many great schools out there, so take your time and find the one that’s right for you.
How to Get the Most Out of Catering School
If you’re interested in a career in catering, then attending one of the best catering schools in Lagos is a great way to get started.
But what can you expect from a catering school? And how can you make the most of your time there? Here are a few things to keep in mind.
Catering school will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge you need to start working in the catering industry.
You’ll learn about food preparation, menu planning, customer service, and more.
But it’s up to you to take what you’ve learned and apply it to real-world situations.
One of the best ways to make the most of your time at catering school is to get involved in as many hands-on opportunities as possible.
Volunteer for events, intern with a catering company, or even start your own catering business. The more experience you have, the better prepared you’ll be when you graduate.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Your instructors are there to help you learn, so don’t be afraid to speak up if you’re unsure about something.
And don’t forget to network! Catering is a small industry, so getting to know other professionals is a great way to find a job.
Recommendations On Best Catering Schools In Nigeria:
- Top 8 Culinary Schools In Germany | Online Cooking Classes Free(Video)
- Top 16 Best Music Schools In Nigeria 2022: Music Production Schools, Lagos Nigeria
- 30 Best Fashion Schools In Nigeria 2022: Multi-million Dollar Fashion Comp(Video)
Conclusion On Best Catering Schools In Nigeria
If you are interested in becoming a catering professional in Nigeria, then these are the best schools to consider.
With a wealth of experience and knowledge between them, these institutions will be able to set you on the path to success in this exciting industry.
So what are you waiting for? Start your journey today at one of these top Nigerian catering schools.
We do hope to see you read our insightful content again. You are advised to subscribe to notifications on our website and don’t forget to share this helpful article with your friends.
Leave a Reply